Re: [at-l] Lightweight gaiters

Ragged Mountain, an outfitter in Intervale, NH makes and sells their own
gaiters.  The have waterproof and not waterproof shorty gaiters that are
much lighter than the OR gaiters.

I used the not waterproof gaiters on my thruhike and found them perfect.  I
think they cost $12.  They kept my socks relatively clean and kept leaves,
twigs, dirt, rocks, etc. out of my boots.  They were not at all hot.

When I had a problem with the elastic, I called them and they sent a new
pair to my next mail drop.

Check out their web site for contact info:

raggedmountain.com

Mara
Stitches, GAME99