[at-l] Coleman and gaiters

Colemant Peak 1 : In addition "oiling" the seal on the pump, there MAY be
something on this stove called a "generator"... going back many years to my
young days as a car camper and the larger Coleman stoves. The generator
would be the gas line running across the top of the burner as a pre-heater
for the fuel, and when these start to clog up it can be no end of trouble.
The ones on the larger stoves could be cleaned, but you never gained a lot
out of that, it was better to replace. However, I have no idea if this
applies to the Peak 1, something to check tho.
Gaiters: I've got the OR low gaiters, not Gore-tex, waterproof coated.
Mostly I wear them to keep the garbage out of my boots and keep my socks
clean... they work fine... see Campmor or any of the other shops...

Skeeter

To:            at-l@backcountry.net