[at-l] Re: Lightweight gaiters

>Subject: [at-l] Lightweight gaiters

>Gotta have 'em. During the last two section hikes, I've trashed a couple of
>pairs of socks due to overwhelming pincushioning by stickerbushes of various
>sorts. I was in agony yesterday from all the little things clinging to my
>socks and jabbing through to my ankles.

>But most gaiters are bulky, awkward, hot things, not at all pleasant for
>Florida hiking. I've seen some homemade versions at trail conferences and am
>wondering what weight of fabric is necessary to create your own? Or do you
>know of any lightweight gaiters for sale, since I flunked Home Ec and don't
>have a sewing machine?

Try MiniGaitors Arizona model. Light weight and very breathable. This
model won't work with running shoes. The Trail Racer is designed to be
used with running shoes. They are an entirely different design and
tightness on the leg may be a problem for some people with larger
diameter ankles.
http://www.minigators.com/

Photon

To:            "at-l@backcountry.net" <at-l@backcountry.net>