Re: [at-l] What a day...

"Charles P. Copeland" wrote:

> What happened to make it so strange?

A bunch of stuff...the only one of which (one of which?) I'll tell you is
this:

On the way home, it was raining and slick. There is a particularly curvy
stretch of highway 446 that is known for its accidents. Right when I got to
that area, I happened to notice one of those big arrow signs knocked over.
As I was looking at it, I noticed car headlights down in the woods. I turned
around and went back. I rolled my window down and yelled to the guy to see
if everyone was okay (Do I need to call 911?). I got out and walked down to
the car. We are in the dark woods and there is an African-American man
standing there. (My implication here is that I couldn't see him very well)
He says to me "Did you stop because you knew it was me?"  I said, very
puzzled, "I don't know who you are."  "It's Mo!!!"  Mo is the keyboard
player. So, I gave Mo a hug (he was shaking). He had his 2 year old with
him...thank Tim it was in a car seat. So, I went up to the road and flagged
down the rest of our caravan, which I knew was behind me. The car is still
down in the woods...but everyone was okay. (A weird thing happened with a
cross, too. The curve where this happened is known as 'Dead Man's Curve'
because of the frequency of accidents. There are lots of those crosses
marking where people died. In the dark, with car headlights pointing the
other way, it appeared that Mo could not have gotten his car where it is
without running over one of the crosses. It still stands.) The entire scene
that I just described took half as long to happen as it took me to tell you
about it.  :)  (It happened near Deam Wilderness...does that make it trail
related?)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98