Re: [at-l] the vote

A lister said:
>YOU
> have the RIGHT to vote.   it matters not who you vote for, just that you
> do.

You know, at the risk of being controversial, I am compelled to say that I
couldn't disagree with you more.

It is a tragedy when folks who haven't given the candidates or the issues a
single scintilla of attention, time, study or thought step into the booth
and randomly pull levers for faceless names just because they have a (R) or
a (D) or something else identifying their party.

The elected leaders of our country, state, county, city, town, or hamlet
have an awesome responsibility to set the moral and political tone of their
administration and to do justice reasonably and fairly and to make the hard
choices when such are required.  We need to knowledgeably select the people
to do that.  I would sooner see the uninformed abstain rather than randomly
pull the lever.

There is no obligation to vote!!  There is an obligation to vote
intelligently!!

Al (Draggin' Anchor)

To:            <at-l@backcountry.net>