Re: [at-l] Welcome

> We are mostly (or at less a core) of  folk who have know each other for a
long time sitting around a
> virtual campfire talking about all kinds of stuff.

That is something I have noticed about this list vs all of the others I've
"listened in" on - whether the list be for geeky computer things (my
profession) or hobbies or hiking.  Everyone seems to know/respect/care for
each other on this list.  I think that's really, really nice.  It's nice
that people still feel that way and its nice that computers and the
Internet - a useful tool for keeping things apart - helps keep this
together.

I've hiked all over Alabama and now I'm hiking in N.Georgia.  I've been
waiting for 11 years for my oldest son to become a Scout so we can hike all
over Georgia, NC, VA, etc.  He already wants to through-hike (I told him he
needs to make sure sports/cars/girls are too distracting first!) and his
brother hiked for the first time a few weeks ago.  I had planned on walking
with them up the East Coast.  However, since finding this list I've
discovered that there are a lot of people I'd like to meet and hike with.
This list is a wonderful bonus and I look forward to meeting everyone
somehow and somewhere!

Charles

[Did that make *any* sense?]

To:            at-l@backcountry.net