[at-l] Re:Questions from a new subscriber (was" the vote")

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000 18:36:44 -0500 tyoung@kskcommunications.com writes:
(Snip)
> Is there even a list moderator out there?

haven't needed one ....till now  :-)  we talk about a lot of good stuff

> Enough bitching.

but really is there ever enough?

> Next weekend I'm going to try to hike from Stony Mountain to Marys
Rock.

Last I heard the trail to Mary's Rock is closed, better check first.
(fires)

> Here are my questions:
>
> 1.  Reading materials. (Snip)

 Sounds good, but be careful talking about "A Walk in the Woods" around
here.

> 2.  I'd like to be able to take more photos. (snip)

slow down, if you aren't doing distance take it easy.

> 3.  I'm also a little overwhelmed by the number of Web resources.
    (Snip)
don't know about any classes, almost everything you need to know you can
find out here, just ask specific questions (or vague ones, we don't care)

> 4.  How about resources on ultralight hiking?  (Snip)

you've come to the right place, lower your comfort level and don't carry
anything you don't need  (expensive gear is good too, but not necessary)

woodelf

To:            sly@pocketmail.com, DaRedhead@aol.com
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net