[at-l] Trip report

Hiked Conn from Falls Village down to Silver Hill Campsite and back this
weekend. Still learning things after all these miles of hiking.

- It's never too late in the year to develope sweat induced chafing...
- Trailmixup's (or Ready's, whatever) shorts no longer hang from the swing
at Silver Hill <g>
- When the brand new lighter was standing between me and a crunchy pasta
dinner, I considered how nice it would be to            have a second
ignition source.
- When the alcohol in the Trangia refused to light off in the cold of
Sunday morning, I found the lip around the edge of the stove works as a
pre-heater.
- When you've forgotten your TP in your daypack, gauze from your first aid
kit works quite well.
- Silver Hill has a new, above ground composting privy...
- Walking 13 miles back to the car in the cold and the wind on Sunday,
without taking a break, in order to avoid freezing, is hard on the legs...

One more note: Ct has little boxes at each road crossing, containing maps
of the Ct section. Written on the south side of one of the boxes....
"Wingfoots 2000 trail guide is finally out, a little late, and somewhat
incomplete...

Skeeter

To:            at-l@backcountry.net