RE: [at-l] Fire in SNP

I don't know if there is a set procedure for "walk-in" volunteer
firefighters.  The big events I've witnessed in SNP have been handled in a
very military-like way with lots of protocol and bureaucracy.  Even the news
media had to check in, show credentials, be officially escorted to staging
areas, be assigned special ID and hard hats, etc.

My GUESS is that for you to volunteer there would be a huge set of
procedures to follow, certifications that must be obtained, etc.  But I
could be wrong.  And I could be right.  Just look at the hoops volunteers
must jump through before they can legally operate a chainsaw within the
Park.  Even during a massive clean-up effort following a hurricane or ice
storm.

You could check weekdays, daytime, at SNP Headquarters: 540-999-3500, and
follow the automated attendant to a live human if you can find one :-).

Sorry I can't be of more help.  On a less-cynical note, I'm sure they could
actually use all the help they can get.  Hopefully if you want to volunteer
they will find a way to let you.

Skyline