Re: [at-l] Advice, Please

3 days. Both north and south are interesting.

North is Maryland. Kind of flat and uneventful, but I like it. Weverton cliffs with views of Harpers Ferry. Washington Monument. Gathland Monument. Black Rocks cliffs. Penn Mar Pavilion, maybe some
hang gliders to watch. 3 days should get you past Penn Mar to Antietam Creek. Shouldn't be too hard to get a shuttle. Water is a bit hard to find sometimes, we are having an autumn drought.

South is Mosby's Confederacy. 3 days should get you to Lindon or Front Royal. A bit more up and down, especially in the Roller Coaster. Nice shelters, some of PATC's mansions. Blackburn Center. Bears
Den Hostel (still open?). Probably more scenic.

Not much either way for Loop Hikes :( Get PATC maps 4 and 5/6 for north, and maps 7 and 8 for south The views should be great if the leaves are gone. Better check on when hunting season starts.

Lots of loop hikes in SNP - you might consider that, if you can put up with all the rules.

- Gary from Fairfax, reared in Silver Spring

(good luck to the elderly relative, no doubt a former neighbor)