Re: [at-l] trivia and Datto

Stratton Mountain, Vermont--on the Long Trail BEFORE they built that
side trail to Maine and Georgia.  However the original "vision" of
the AT was quite different than what eventually came about.
Oriinally is was driven by a Utopian ideal for a "peoples park" where
the average city dweller could get away from the urban environment
and relax in nature--with pleasant, but rustic, lodges, camps, shops
etc.  The concept of a thru hike, or even a continuous footpath was
not in the picture (IFRRC).

Those of you with the article in front of you, feel free to correct me...

Cosmo