[at-l] visit to Neels Gap

My wife and I had Friday off so we took a ride to see the North Georgia
leaf colors. It was a most pleasant and beautiful day!

While at Neels Gap, we met Grizzly Adams. He is going to try a north
bound winter hike which he started earlier this week. We gave him all the
encouragement we could, discussed gear, meals, what weather he might
expect, guesstimates on when he'd get to where, etc.

After he headed on towards his camp for tonight some non-hiker types ask
where he was going and what he was doing. There were a few hikers about
and it was explained the best we could. One of the non hikers just rolled
his eyes and ask why Grizzly would do such a dumb thing. I offered that
his hike was not so dumb. "Well, he going to miss 2 full terms at school"
the non-hiker retorted. I mused that he had years enough in his life to
get the 2 terms he might miss. The non hiker huffed, " suppose he
(Grizzly ) doesn't have THAT many years left to live!" A lady hiker who
had just joined the conversation answer very well I think. "Then he needs
to be on the Trail and not in college."
Hopeful
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.