[at-l] pizza on the trail

During an extended hike on the PCT last year I carried a Bakepacker for
a while in order to provide some variety to my food tastes and textures.
I made cornbread, chocolate cake, muffins, and pizza.

I carried individual pizza crust mixes (made by ????) that are available
in grocery stores all over town. Bisquick or similar would work as well.
Sauce was dehydrated tomato sauce (homemade),; cheese was whatever I
happened to be carrying, usually dry Monterey Jack; then add whatever
else was in the food bag: dehydrated onions, salami, parmesan, whatever.

Cooking is accomplished by simmering water. It requires about 10 minutes
prep time and 20-30 minutes cooking time, depending on how thick the
crust is. So it's not particularly light weight, it requires extra fuel,
and requires extra cooking time compared to more 'normal' distance
hiking meals. OTOH, pizza a few days from civilization is the perfect
food to keep the spirits up and the tummy happy.

scott t.