Re: [at-l] Before Baxter...figure why we're on list

In a message dated 10/16/00 12:57:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
at_l96@hotmail.com writes:

<< Baxter has wanted hikers to finish by Oct 15 before personnel cuts...  At
 the End of the Trail Fest in 98, I spoke to Buzz Caverly (sp?), the
 supertindent of Baxter at the time & I guess he still is,  >>
 Buzz was, is, and always will be there. :O) The Ranger refer to him as 'the
once and future King'. He is a great friend of Katahdin, and keeps the Park
true to the promise of Gov. Baxter that it remains forever wild.
 This world needs more Buzzes.
TJ