Re: [at-l] HYOH and maildrops

FWIW, I do not know one single thruhiker that would use more maildrops if
they ever hiked again and most said they would use none.  Except for the
occasional bounce box, maybe.

The only exceptions as Phil pointed out are usually people on some sort of
special diet.

I think most of us were just plain surprised at how accessible reasonable
food choices were.  Supermarkets in Hiawassee carried the same things I get
in Boston.  Why should I mail stuff to GA?

Then again, our individual definitions of reasonable food choices also
changes along the way.  What seems reasonable now may just be fodder for the
hiker boxes by the time you receive it.

These were the two reasons why I wouldn't use maildrops again.  I never
really had too much difficulty with PO hours.  I would probably just arrange
to have a couple of drops for summer clothes and then to get my cold weather
gear back again.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99