[at-l] About the PA RUCK

If five people are a trend, I'm gonna do this publically
rather than a bunch of seperate e-s

The PA Ruck will be held
January 26-28 2001

at The Iron Master's Mansion Hostel
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/recreation/rec_images/rec_pinegrovemansion.jpg

 @ Pine Grove State Park http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/pine.htm

in South Central Pennsylvania.

It starts Friday after noon and goes to Sunday afternoon.
Cost for the weekend is 29.00.  All of that goes to the hostel.
(12 bucks per nite and a 5 buck day fee for Saturday.

Or 11-13 bucks per nite if you camp in the park.  The group
camping rate is a lot better...35 bucks per nite for up to 40
people,  To get that rate, we have to jump thru a few hoops ,
but it may be possible if there is interest in camping again.

I know that's a lot, but they have given us a ton of lee way
as to the other rules and have waived Friday and Sunday day use
fees this year. And there will be no need for an up-front
payment when you reserve so we skip that nightmare.

 Plus, ya get ACYE Spagetti Supper Friday,
Breakfast (???)and Soup and Stuff for lunch, Saturday.
Saturday evening, we usually have a pot luck feast and this year there may be a
new twist (hehehehe)  Nope!  Not another chili contest.  After Sly's runaway
victory last year, I doubt anyone would enter.  Although I haven't confirmed
since I talked to him
in July, Bearbag will be doing duty Sunday morning with Blueberry
Pancakes again YUM!!!!

And speaking of pancakes, if we can get volunteer's for kitchen security, maybe
Tommykins will volunteer to do Gene's All Day Pancakes on Saturday again????

So the bottom line is for 29 bucks, and a contribution to the
pot luck or to breakfast, ya get to ACYE all weekend so the
price isn't too high in my book.

As to the presentations, if Jim and Ginny are east of the Mississippi, they'll
be there with their slides.  John O
and Michael will share their latest light weight tips,
there will be another running of "the Big Boil-Off" I'm sure <g>,
plus, weather permitting a fun run if Tommykins and Dee
have anything to say,and I'm sure there will be more stuff.

Anyone with any requests..give a hollar!!  Anyone willing to do a
class on compassing, please e-me.  Same deal with the
slide shows..e-me!

Of course Earl will be there if, as he puts it,
"my health holds".

So that's the drill.  We don't usually talk much Ruck until Dec, but I thought a
basic primer for the newbees was in order.  The PA Ruck is not a big deal like
the Gather!!  Last
year was a special deal because we were raising money to rehab "The Place".
Thank goodness no other cause has surfaced so this year,
we return to Rucks of old <VVVBG>>.  Just 80-100 nuts who can't
think of anything else to do for a weekend in January!!! LOL

BUT.for the class of 2001, if you missed the Gather, the PA Ruck
is a great chance to learn from those who've been there and done that!!!