[at-l] Re: The Gathering - long post

Lemme see...

talked a lot, "napped" twice in between talking, saw some old friends again
after missing Traildays, just happened to be where the AT-L picture got
taken, darnit (while wearing a shirt that should be Weathercarrots :-),
didn't know about the b-day cake, but did see Felix return triumphant from a
night of caterwauling (or something similar to that, something that I don't
really care to think about), helped contribute to the general merriment that
resulted in a "Move Your %&#$(&$* AT-L tent " note, had some Indiana wine,
heard some Indiana whine :-), saw boysenberry pictures, saw a picture of
Loon on Nude Hiking day (could have done without that - if you know Loon,
you know what I mean :-) , got my autographed copy of Nimblewill Nomads
book, got decked by Earl (you're right about that left, Felix), got (and
have read already) "On The Beaten Path" by our very own Rhymin' Worm (Strong
endorsement here, folks - if you haven't read this book yet - GET IT NOW!
:-) RW - nice brief treatment of Brysons "thru-hike", very classy, yet to
the point. Thanks for signing it for me! I'm going to put it on the site!),
Cobweb/?? - so close but yet so far - too bad I didn't get to meet you.
Sorry bout that! Were chase or woodelf there? Oh yeah, I saw chase finally,
and there was someone there who *looked* like woodelf, but didn't hang
around like he usually does (ah, women :-), missed K7, too - almost like she
wasn't there. Twilight never brought me my muffins <pout>, but she did bring
Kent (I do remember him vaguely - musta been that NH air or something).
POG - it'll be soon! Mrs GORP - thanks for bringing chase by, I'm sure he
put up a heluva fight :-) Never got to show "Steve" your cool Volvo wagon...
Suewillsingtoleapinfrogs - gotcha fixed already, fly'll be on the way
tomorrow. Mama Lipton likes her 2for2, as do Jim and Ginny. Good as always
to see them - but, where do they go at night? :-) Photon - saw the Tolumeney
(or whatever :-) pics - great!, ATNavi - missed your man in his pink tutu,
but remember to give him my regards - I still consider him one of my fav
"lesbians". Wolf was there at the fire Sat night - (Aloha!) good to see him
again! Saw Leslie B there, too. Kathy K was by a couple of times, and that
other Indy hiker Rambunny, too (Congrats RB! Woohoo!!!) Finally met a member
of the Lemkuhl family! (Did I spell it right, Vera?) Dee gave me a hard
time, but that's alright by me, I deserve it, right? Earthworm just ignored
me and Felix - smart lady, that one is :-) Sandpiper gotta new guy - how'd
you trap this one? Mara forgot to use her "decoy", but seemed to be the life
of the party over there in that dome tent late at night. I never actually
saw Furtrappers and Landslides, though I was set up right next to ya'll and
had several laughs with you in the dark. Maybe see you next year, after the
thru hike? Is Sly moving out to the NW with choovers? Stay tuned... Red =
Trouble, it's been proven. She got the tshirt. BTW Red, I saw your handcuffs
in the back of Felixs truck before I left - did he really go to the House O'
Subway Girlz, or was that a coverup? Silver is alive and well, after
completing the PCT with the same Nomad he had on his AT thru hike last
year - Cool! Last people I saw were Annie and the Salesman - glad I caught
them before I left! Jeez, so much more. Hard to believe it all happened so
fast, that it was all over so soon. Got to wait a year for another. Bummer.
Did I mention JohnO? Doesn't everyone? He gets around... Mountain Roamer
gets the award for Happiest Person Alive yet again. She deserves it! Too bad
Outta Chocolate wasn't there :-( Well, thats the high points I can remember
right now, there's many more, but this is long enough, don't you think? Back
to Lurksville with me...

Kurt, missing the Gathering already, looking forward to the next...