Re: [at-l] Searching for Partners for 2001

Pat Villeneuve wrote:

> richard mann wrote:
>
> > My best piece of advice to you, take three weeks to hike from Springer to
> > Fontana (again, not a typo).  Two weeks or less will put you on a plane back
> > home - after they release you from the hospital...
> >
> > Conservative Pittsburgh
>
> I'm about to be real unpopular...
> I think it is possible--and realistic--to go faster than this IF you are well
> prepared.
> This means being in good shape and having your gear worked out (= lightweight).
> I was pretty leary after listening to all the horror stories about Georgia, but
> thought it was a walk in the park.

(Deep down inside, I don't feel any change in GMC's popularity...)

I found the best way to prepare for hiking Georgia was to do a practice hike first.
I hiked ruffly 2100 miles preparing for Georgia and was able to do that section in
about three nights.

Oh, by the way, I just got home from the Gathering. I thought I'd read other
people's 'stories' to see how much of it I can remember. Then, I'll make my
rebuttals. (Felix needs sleep.) (And, clean socks.)

Subway commercials will forever have a different meaning for the Feelmeister,
that's for sure  :-)
--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98