Re: [at-l] New Member Here

someone said
<<welcome to this campfire ... really neat people here ... things are slow here now 'cause many hikers have gone and gathered to jump off a cliff like lemmings , set up a tarp with 2,700 leki hiking
poles, sit in stuffy college classrooms, test their stoves, and take a group shower and those of us who didn't go aren't any less krazy ... >>

Well, that's not all strictly true :-) First of all, as far as we can determine, no one jumped off the cliff. Our "shelter" was a nice big tent thingie that Leapfrog brought (but we were warned to set it up next to the campfire in the "noisy" area next year <g>) We couldn't use the NomaDome Kurt ala Andre brought - we were short four pairs of Leki's.  But it was beautifully constructed - I am thinking of buying one for Shannons wedding.  (she was so upset about Felix eloping that she wanted to elope herself for revenge - I convinced her to wait and do it the traditional way <g>)

The only stove I saw in action was when Kurt was making his espresso. :-)

I refuse to discuss the group shower.  Some things are better left unsaid. It just wasn't the same without Beorn. Suffice it to say that I love my tatoo.  ;-)

The Redhead

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com