Re: [at-l] Hello

Welcome, Welcome Skrappi,
I always love to hear when someone else from Ohio joins the list.  There
are several   backpacking trails in southern Ohio you can try out for
testing gear and finding out what works.  They are all just over the 20
mile mark.  Finding a good affordable outfitter is another story.  I
usually check out gear at Galyans or Benchmark in Columbus, figure out what
I want, then order it from Campmore or another on line place for the best
price.  There is also the Buckeye Trail that circles the state, its not
completely backpackable but there are many places for good weekend,
overnight hikes.  I'm thinking of trying to circuit hike it and would need
someone to hike with to help with car shuttles so I would always be
interested in coming and hiking with you.  Check out
http://www.buckeyetrail.org for info.   Upto a few years ago I always hiked
with kids. Took my son on his first backpack trip at age 5, he is 18 now
and still occ. hikes with me.  Remember keep the miles per day low and the
fun per day high. Where is the Natchez Trace Trail ?
ATwanabe