Re: [at-l] MMTR 50 Miler

--- david horton <runhorton@juno.com> wrote:
> The 18th annual MMTR 50 Miler will be held on October 21.
> I expect we will start 180 to 200 runners.

### Mountain Masochist, eh? But how that title intrigues me... But how
about the ALDHA Gathering Gatoraide ConQuest! Appalachian Trail Hike (Yes,
you can use AGG-CATH for short, as long as you start it deep in your
epiglotis and announciate it with an appropriate loogie).

At the ALDHA Gathering ( www.aldha.org ) this Friday through Monday,
there'll be some small collection of phools (both of us) who'll go and
fenistrate (phully clothed) in the backcountry, sucking down mass
quantities of dihydrogen oxide laced with various branched carbon-oxygen
groups along the way. (This to be followed by cold barley soup, etc...)

And where, you might ask, will the AGG-CATH be held? The lovely countryside
of "Bland" Virginia -- really. It's on the map just like that. "Bland."
Ugh. One wonders if their movie theater only shows in black and white, eh?
But it'll probably be pouring rain (in defference to the *rest* of the
hiking year), so it'll be a great run anyway.
Charge!!!!!!!!!

Sloetoe

=====
Ask for what you want;