[at-l] Gary and Millie Buffington finishing the A.T.

I just got off the phone with Gary Buffington ( Bear Bag ) and Millie (
Sweat Pea ).  They are about 1 mile from Abol Bridge and 16 miles from
the summit of Mt.Katahdin ( 5,267 feet ) and the northern end of the
Appalachian Trail ( 2,167 miles ).  Charlie Hesse and I will be leaving
tomorrow and driving straight through to the base of Mt. Kathdin, getting
there Friday morning.

If the weather is good they plan on summiting the last mountain on
Friday.    What an emotional time that will be for them.   I will be
taking notes from many of you.   They will appreciate that.

I feel honored to climb the last mountain with them and it was an honor
to climb Springer Mtn. on March 15th as they began their great journey.

In Christ
David Horton
One who knows what a  great Gary and Millie have had.
A.T.  1991