Re: [at-l] Pipestem Forecast

FLATers@webtv.net wrote:

> Dee writes;
> Okay, I volunteer!! I will be the official cliff jump
> photographer....cant be jumping if I am taking the pictures =)
>
> Bring your under-water camera!! We wanta see the facial expressions as
> they enter the water!

Actually, the better shots will be above the surface...

I remember when I went backpacking on Isle Royale. We made camp early one
afternoon right on the shores of Lake Superior. It was a gorgeous July
afternoon--blue skies, maybe 70*. The guys decided they should go swimming.
"Say what?!!!! This is Lake Superior, you know." (I grew up in the Upper
Peninsula of Michigan and knew not to fool with it. There's a reason the
ferry tells you not to jump in the water no matter what happens...) They
both dove and virtually turned into screaming projectiles, hurling
themselves skyward the moment they hit the near-freezing water. They also
could have qualified for the Vienna Boys Choir...

Give Me Chocolate