Re: [at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #1809

Such can be the problem with capital punishment - it makes so many of us
imagine pleasure over killing another human being.

There may be a role for the death penalty regarding retribution, public
safety, justice, closure for the families, an example to warn others to
live according to the Law, and many other excellent reasons. But so often
the death penalty only seems to elicit further lust for spilled blood.

Only my humble opinion, and I'm quite ambivalent over the issue. I have no
ambivalence over the rage deserved toward a human appearing animal raping
and killing a real human being. I hope his life is too long.

OrangeBug