[at-l] Cleanliness & the Gathering

Since someone brought up cleanliness, I better warn some of the newbies that
there will undoubtedly be a few (very small number, I admit) folks at the
Gathering who are afraid you might not realize that they are HIKERS.  To
alleviate that fear, they will get to the Gathering unbathed (apparently for
some time) and remain that way all weekend.  At least that's what I guess
their aim is.

There are free showers at the college; I know, I used them two years ago.
What's up with that tiny minority that loves to stink up a small, overheated
classroom?  Don't get me wrong, I put up FT hikers at my home.  I have
slackpacked thru-hikers.  I actually LIKE the smell of hiker fresh off the
trail.  But I do expect that when they have time and the water is free and
they can borrow some soap, they'll take a shower.  I likewise make the
apparently erroneous (or however you spell it) assumption that they'll wash
their clothes. Guess I'm weird.

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com