Re: [at-l] Socks...

I only use 'liners' alone, in the summer so I guess that means
they aren't liners any more eh?  One of those dumb episodes
in my life when, even though I was OK in the feet department,
I read somewhere that a hiker wears two pairs of socks.  So
off i go to buy liners.  I got blisters but instead of being
bright, I decided I'd tried the wrong liners and tried something
else.  The second type slid down and gathered under my arch and
I'd have to stop and pull off boots and pull up liners.

A third time to the store, and now, broke, I tried some cheapie
men's dress socks from Kmart.  These were great socks and I
still wear them in the summer for short hikes but not as liners.

I know their function is to provide for friction but the theory
doesn't seem to work on my feet.