Re: [at-l] Can we talk about socks?

I had been using Thorlos for years.  Then, last year on my thruhike, I used
three pair of Thorlos in the first 500 miles.  Then I bought one pair of
Ultimax(coolmax) and two pair of Bridgedale socks.  I didn't like the
Ultimax socks much so I basically wore the two pair of Bridgedale socks for
the remaining 1500+ miles.  I'm still using those same socks this year -
though mostly for short hikes.  I have new Bridgedale socks for bigger
hikes.

I've got extremely narrow feet so I use the thickest socks I can find.  The
Bridgedale didn't seem thicker than Thorlos when looking at comparable socks
on the rack but I think that's becasue they were softer.  They certainly
held up well.

They are generally more expensive than the Thorlos but if they last three
times as long, they are worth it.  As always, YMMV.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99