Re: [at-l] Can we talk about socks?

This sock thing reminds me of the first time I went to the Experimental
Aircraft Association Fly-In in Oshkosh. I met a bunch of nice guys, and one was
trying to be very helpful--he knew it was my first time there--but he really
had it in his head that I was female. (Clearly, that meant to him that I was
along for the ride and needed to be entertained--as opposed to wanting to be
there.) In any case, as he was proposing group activities for the next day, it
went something like this: Guys check out the aircraft on the flight line and
see the air show, SHE goes to the LADIES' craft tent where, at 10:00, they are
making sock puppets (BYO sock)!!!! Ha! Almost sent him there as penance.

Fortunately, I will not be at the Gathering, but perhaps a sock puppet workshop
could be added at this late date. Ha!

;->
Give Me Chocolate, returning to Oz for a long, LONG weekend...