[at-l] Re: Snow Camping on Silar's Bald

I have heard that Siler Bald, NC (4 miles north of Winding Stair
Gap) is a great place for winter snow camping. (Siler's Bald is in
GSMNP, more difficult to get to.) I know someone in Troop 1011 in
Marietta, GA who has done the Siler Bald trip, if you are
interested. Siler Bald is a long grassy area which looks like a
steeply tilted fairway. There are good views from the top where it
levels off and would be spectacular on a clear winter day with lots
of snow around.