Re: [at-l] NC/TN/Smokeys Expert <g> needed

Many of those are pretty familiar. Lets grab a map. Lakeshore is (duh) on
the shore above Fontana, and provides the chief loop involving the AT.
Eagle Creek goes up Eagle Creek to Spense Field Shelter. AT north to Spense
Field down Eagle Creek and south along Lakeshore to Fontana makes a
rigorous 3-4 day walk.

If I remember correctly, Kephart Prong goes down to Kephart Shelter just
before Icewater Shelter. A couple of loops are available on it back up to
the AT and around, or down to the highway and back up to NFG.

The important info is that unless you are on the AT or Lakeshore, expect
hills and climbs. Heck, for that matter, if you are within spitting
distance of the Smokies, expect sudden altitude changes to match attitude
changes.

OrangeBug