[at-l] Speaking of altitude.......

The final word is not in yet but there is a chance I will be working in
Boulder, CO for a few weeks in October and November. So, here's the
question: is there a way to prepare for altitude other than spending time
at the higher altitude? And yes, I'm more interest in the chance to hike
than in the job.

Next question. I read once that folks living at high altitudes have a
higher red blood cell count than normal, whatever normal is. Does a
higher cell count, if that is true, mean better "efficiency" for
oxygen/CO2 exchange?

Last question. If I manage to eat liver.........yuck........can I
"fortify" my blood with iron and perhaps make more red cells? Inquiring
minds want to know, so do potential Rocky hikers.  Hopeful

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.