[at-l] Knee Pain

During my last 3 day back pack in the Whites, my knee became very sore and
swollen.  I visited a doctor in NH and then after returning home to CT I
visited my family doctor.  I was sent to the hospital for Xrays and prescibed
one months worth of physical therapy with a followup doctor's visit after two
weeks.  That visit was scheduled for last Monday 9/11.  But during the
weekend my jaw began to ache.  By Saturday Morning it was difficult to eat.
I felt a little better on Sunday.  So, I waited until my appointment to
discuss the matter with the doctor.
    Well,  the tests came back yesterday positive for lyme desease.  I am now
taking antibacterial medication for the next 20 days.  I know some of you had
asked about my knee after reading my trip report.  On, my part I am relieved
to know the diagnosis.  I have been having symptoms for a long time.  Thought
I was just getting old.

                                            Art