Re: [at-l] Pepper spray

Probably the bear wouldn't even consider the small cannister adequate
pepper for a salad to go.

Our black bears are more likely to be interested in our unprotected
backpacks or food bags. A black bear attacking a human is rare,
although it did occur this spring in the GSMNP. If a bear became
interested in you as a potential meal, the pepper spray would be a
waste of effort while you should be taking efforts to discourage the
bear or to leave the area.

Heck, that little cannister might not deter a bad guy in Buckhead, much
less a hungry and determined bear. At least it probably weighs less
than bear bells.

Bill....