Re: [at-l] Conversation with Datto / Choices

In a message dated 9/13/00 7:12:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Debbie_Smith@Millipore.com writes:

<<   I know I'm explaining this badly, but it was wonderful to have that
brought
 back to me so vividly when I was among them. >>

Actually, I think you explained it rather incredibly well.  I haven't thru
hiked yet (and Mom and I were really looking forward to starting a month
earlier than Datto and having him catch up in a week - before the nap thing,
anyway <g>) but I always find myself wondering how anyone can make it THAT
far and quit for anything other than the physical inability to go on.  I
realize that I can't possibly understand, not having thru'd myself.  But what
you said about choices . . . that is so true, all thru life, not just hiking.
 We make some good ones, and some bad ones, and sometimes fate seems to have
a hand in it all - but it really does come down to choices that we make
ourselves, for the most part.  And I think that you are very right - we
forget that sometimes.  It is very easy when things are falling apart, or not
going the way we would like, to blame everything from the current political
party in office to the weather.  But really - we just make choices.

As the knight guarding the Grail said in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"
. . .  "choose wisely."

The Redhead