Re: [at-l] 13 Day AT Hike

ellen watson wrote:

> >Day Off  stay at Mull's Motel
>
> You might want to consider a different motel. On my thru attempt in
> '98 I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Hiawassee and was glad I made the
> choice. It was run by a hiker friendly couple named sam and nina who
> shuttled to and from the trail for free. They offered hiker rates,
> had free continental breakfast, washer/dryer facilities and an indoor
> hot tub, plus they were right next door to Daniel's AYCE.

I would concur with the Moon of April. I spent New Year's Day night at
the Holiday Inn Express. Jacuzzi tub IN THE ROOM!!! Take a freezing, sore
hiker that is 4 days from finishing a thru-hike and put him in a hot
Jacuzzi...that is a spiritual thing. Then, he hiker hobbles over to that
steak joint with ayce salad. (Man, did I get a few looks in that place.
It was freezing out and I was wearing long-johns and shorts.) Two
frost-bitten thumbs up.  (My good friend pittsia burghovia joined me
here. We made fun of people who are different.)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98