Re: [at-l] 13 Day AT Hike

Don't do it. Whitley Gap Shelter is a pig sty, 1.2 miles off the trail, no
privy, and follows a horrible climb over a mountain specifically to get
near the access trail for the shelter.

I'd suggest one of 2 options - 1) Yellow blaze from Testnatee Gap to Hogpen
Gap and use one of the campsites or walk another 4 miles to Low Gap Shelter

or 2) Walk over the cursed mountain to see why Cowrock Mt got its name, and
camp near Hogpen Gap or further. There is water at Hogpen Gap, and is
probably the only water for a radius of 4 miles (unless we get a lot of rain).

OrangeBug