RE: [at-l] Hiking and Thyroids....

>If you're a guy, the statistical likelihood is that your doc probably won't
think of ordering the test for you.  Statistically speaking, thyroid disease
isn't a "guy thing," though guys do get it.<

This guy got it.  Doctor didn't test for it.  Even though I have other
autoimmune problems.  I ended up with cancer of the thyroid.  I had to have
my thyroid and part of each lung out. Plus a whole lot of lymph nodes
removed.  That was five years ago.  Since that time I have never taken the
same thyroid replacement med more that 2 months.  My levels are all over the
place.  I agree with Lynn get check ups and read about hypo and hyper
thyroidism.

Beau Bushor N1MJD
    "Bleeder Guy"