[at-l] Training Run on 9-16 on Mt. Rogers

For a beautiful fall run you might want to consider running with us this
weekend.   We will be running a big loop in Southwest VA. on Saturday,
Sept. 16.   We will start at Fox Creek on 603 which is 4 miles west of
Trout Dale, Va. which is south of Marion VA.   The starting elevation is
3480 feet the lowest elevation of the entire run.

From there we will follow the A.T. to the summit of Pine Mtn. ( 5050 feet
) with open alpine meadows,  through Grayson Highlands Park and huge rock
formations and wild ponies, Rhododendrom Gap ,5440 feet, by the side
trail to the summit of Mt. Rogers ( the highest mountain in VA- 5729 feet
), by gap at Elk Garden-- one of the highest gaps in VA--4434 feet, on to
Buzzards Rocks--5100, up to the top of Whitetop Mtn.--second highest
mountain in VA. at 5520 feet and then back to Deep Gap on the A.T. and
back on the Elk Garden Trail to 603 and back down the road to the parking
area.

The length of this run will be about 33 miles.  It can be cut shorter in
several sections if you want to run and not cover the whole distance

We will be LEAVING the Sheetz's store on 221 in Lynchburg and driving to
the.  We should be starting a little before 8 am.

This is a unique run in a very special place in VA and the weather is
supposed to be very fall like this Saturday.

Please call or e-mail me if you are interested in running with us.

P.S.   We will be going to the summit of Mt., Rogers also