Re: [at-l] Trip last weekend (HATT)

Hi Al, thanks for note.  The pack, with hip belt, weighs 78 ounces.  I
don't know what the cubic inch capacity is, but its one of the smaller
ones.  I didn't want a large pack; didn't want to be tempted to carry a
ton of stuff!  The main body is a large compartment, top loading.  It
has a spreader bar that I've removed (not in the 78 ounces).  Top also
has a drawstring closure.  The main body also has a smaller bottom
compartment which has a zipper closure.  There are pole openings between
the top (larger) compartment and the bottom compartment.
   Pockets:  A small flat pocket on back of the main compartment.  A
full length side pocket on one side.  A short pocket on the other side,
toward the bottom.  An open pocket on this same side toward the top for
a one-liter water bottle (I found this sort of handy).  The main flap
has a mesh pocket for drying stuff.  There are holder loops on the top
of the main flap.  Also for drying stuff I guess (never have figured out
exactly what these are for; I tucked some wet socks in them last
weekend).  The pack body still leaves room above and below the external
frame for lashing other gear.  I had everything inside except my
Thermarest, which I lashed on the bottom section of the frame, below the
pack.  I carried my sleeping bag inside.
   Hope this helps.  Write again if you'd like more info or have more
questions.
v/s Jim

--
James P. "Jim" Lynch, jplynch@crosslink.net