[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] GSMNP Trail Info
- Subject: Re: [at-l] GSMNP Trail Info
- From: WHHAWKINS@aol.com
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:17:24 EDT
In a message dated 09/08/2000 3:27:50 PM EDT, email@example.com writes:
<< I knew that a wierd hiker had parked there and slept overnight in the
bathrooms there last spring. I would expect that it would be a fairly
secure place to park, but get the idea the whole area is secure due to
the resort's interest in security and good reputation. Obviously, it
would be easy to get permission or information from the Ranger on duty
before getting the Smokies permit.
Parking at Fontana Dam area.
1. Parking area near the picnic area where the Fontana Dam Shelter is located.
2. At the Dam Visitors center.
FYI: Thia area is not part of the GSMNP. It is TVA land, patroled by the TVA
Police. One of their office's is on the left side of the road going down to
ale=24000&type=1&size=S&zoom=100&">Welcome to Maptech Mapserver! View Free
Topog...</A> This will take y'all to a map of the area.
If the link doesn't work here is the URL:
* From the AT-L | Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html *