[at-l] overseas listers and foreign hikers...

Kajsa, excuse my ignorance of Dutch names, but are you male or female?

I would love to hear who on this list is from overseas, or from our
neighboring country to the north.  Come out, come out, whoever you are...

And, I have had the pleasure of interacting with many foreign hikers - from
England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Poland, South Africa, and many more
countries that presently escape me.  The fairly universal interest that they
have in coming here to hike the AT is, of course, the long hike, but more
importantly, seeing what America is like at the grassroots level - being
able to go into the towns and meet the people, and eat the food, and observe
what we do and how we do it.  We become the models for how they ultimately
perceive us Americans...

pittsburgh