Re: {WADE!}{BOAT!}{WADE!}{BOAT!}Re: [at-l] Kennebec

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the main hazard of wading the
river is that a release of water from the dam can raise the water level
and current speed so fast that a hiker unlucky enough to be out in the
middle of the river when the water started rising would submerged and
swept downstream before having any chance to get to either bank. I
wonder if ( for those folks who insist on wading/gambling ) if
felt-soled over-boots would a get a better grip on the riverbed? Sounds
like this would be a good place to have life-jackets for both pack and
person, in case you have to ditch the pack and swim.

Alejandro

" When I was a boy, I was told that anyone could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it." - Clarence Darrow