[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] Making a tent fly
- Subject: Re: [at-l] Making a tent fly
- From: "David Hicks" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:20:33 -0400
- Reply-to: "David Hicks" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:35:54 -0500 email@example.com (Leslie Booher) wrote:
>>With a lot of those fabrics, you have to cut with a heated electric cutter
or use some sort of Fray Check type stuff to seal the cut edges immediately.
I use an el-cheapo wood burning set I got at a garage sale.
First, I mark the cloth with a fine-line felt marker. Then, I use the sharp
chisel type point to melt/cut along the line, using a piece of scrap medal
as a work surface.
Would want to do production or real big projects this way, but it works fine
for something like you are considering.
* From the AT-L | Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html *