Re: [at-l] Making a tent fly

Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:35:54 -0500 lwbooher@halifax.com (Leslie Booher) wrote:

>>With a lot of those fabrics, you have to cut with a heated electric cutter
or use some sort of Fray Check type stuff to seal the cut edges immediately.
Scares me!<<

I use an el-cheapo wood burning set I got at a garage sale.

First, I mark the cloth with a fine-line felt marker.  Then, I use the sharp
chisel type point to melt/cut along the line, using a piece of scrap medal
as a work surface.

Would want to do production or real big projects this way, but it works fine
for something like you are considering.

Chainsaw