[at-l] Kennebec

I have some vivid memories of crossing the Kennebec in 1991.   I had been
chasing the Maineak in an attempt to break the speed record on the A.T.
I heard he had waded across.   If he waded I was going to wade.   and so
I started across a little upstream from where the trail comes down to the
River.

I carried a stick and started across.  At first I thought why do they
make such a big deal out of this.  But the further I went the deeper it
got and the swifter it got.  3 fourths the way across  i thought that
this was a stupid idea and I wished i had taken the canoe.  However, I
was comitted and could not turn back and made it safely across.  I forgot
to mention the rocks were also very slippery as well.

Come to find out Maineak had taken the Canoe???   Then the next morning
he swam back across and then swam back again.

It was not a good idea to wade across

In Christ
David Horton
The Runner