Re: [at-l] how to hang a hammock

Here's the goal: the center of gravity and the center of the hammock need to be in the same place.  You will achieve this by hanging the hammock so that the two rings at both ends remain level with respect to gravity.  Except for the swing in the hammock, the lengths beyond the rings do not matter. You will get a strange swing if the lengths are substantially different, but you can still lie comfortably in the hammock if the two rings remain level with respect to gravity.