[at-l] Medical Advice: Karl, Richard, and other medical types

Ever since the Hardrock 100 Miler on July 8, I have really struggled a
lot.  I have been very  tired, run down, with extremely sore muscles.   I
have not run a lot or hard since then.  Every day it feels as if I ran an
ultra yesterday.

I know many of you are thinking that you should consider your age and
what you have run this year and other years.  That may be true but I have
felt like it was more than just these factors.

This week, I went to see and talk to Dr. George Wortley, the medical
director of the ultras I direct and a board member of the SE American
College of Sports Medicine.

He ran a blood test and found out that my hemoglobin was low but near my
normal levels. My ferratin was low but also within normal levels.  My
thyroid tests were normal.   Three liver tests were normal, Bil. was .5
and Alkphosphate was .95 and Alb. was 4.1           My other two liver
tests were not normal.  My SGOT was 302 with normal being 15 to 37
My ALT ( GPT ) was 97 with normal being 30 to 65

After getting these results he suggested that i get some more tests:
PSA to rule out prostate cancer, CPK , and a Hepatitis profile.  Today he
got back the CPK results and my level was 6180,   20 times the normal
value.   He did not get back the hepatitis profile and may get it back
tomorrow or it may be Tuesday before it comes back.  Based on these tests
he does not think it is Hepatitis.   He indicated that the very high CPK
values indicate muscle damage.
That is the way it feels.

My question.  What do I do now???  How serious is this???   How concerned
should I be???  I have picked up my training in preparation for the Ark
100 Miler on October  7.  It has felt horrible.

Any help and or advice would sincerely be appreciated.

A struggling ultrarunner
In Christ
David Horton