[at-l] Updated Acronym List Plus (UALP)

--->  keep scolling, the newest stuff is below :O)
ALDHA Appalachian Long Distance Hiker's Association
AMC Appalachian Mountain ( some say "Money" ) Club
ATC Appalachian Trail Conference
AYCE all you can eat
BSP Baxter State Park
DOC Dartmouth Outing Club
EMS Eastern Mountain Sports
IAT International Appalachian Trail
LNT Leave No Trace
LT Long Trail (Vermont)
MATC Maine Appalachian Trail Club
TNF The North Face
pshannon@pinn.net writes:
 << Hmmm..I always thought IAT was the Ice Age Trail... >>
kahley7@ptd.net writes:
<< Well once we get AT-O up and filled with all the good HATT info, >>
AT-O Appalachian Trail Online
HATT Hands Across The Trail
lwbooher@halifax.com writes:
<< Add a few like IMHO, and ROLFLMAO, that sort of thing >>
IMHO In My Humble Opinion
ROTFLMBO Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off
SOBO Southbound
NOBO Northbound
Flip-Flop A thru hike in mixed directions, or a chaep sandal
MEGA Maine to Georgia
GAME Georgia to Maine
Directionally Challenged - Any Southbounder :O)
Trail Magic - Used to be finding a soda, now it's trailhead cookouts
Slackpack Hiking without your backpack, with help
Mail drop A parcel sent to meet a hiker in a trail town
Bounce box A mail drop sent ahead by a hiker with stuff they'll use later
Amicalola Falls State Park where you start, or finish
YMMV Your Mileage May Very
HYOH Hike Your Own Hike
FWIW For What It's Worth
FELIX  "Finely eloquent linguist innuendoing X-rated" stuff?
("guess who" supplied this)
Shaw's Monson's famous AT Boarding House
Walasi-Yi  Center Neels Gap's famous hiker store
Maine The only state you have to crawl thru a rockpile to enter
Katahdin An indian word meaning The Greatest Mountain
TP Either TrailPlace or ToiletPaper
WF Wingfoot, a trail personality
ATML Appalachian Trail Mailing List (a spin-off of this list)
WATL Woman's Appalachian Trail List ( where 'trapper' isn't a dirty word <g>)
Ruck The January Pennsylvania gathering of hikers and trail friends
Tuckerize The act of going over pack contents of another to reduce weight
The Gathering The October ALDHA get-together
Trail Days Mid May AT fest in wonderful Damascus, (Trail Daze to some)
Yogi To get free food, without actually asking for it, ala Yogi the bear
Harper's Ferry Home of the ATC, and  the psychological halfway point
Blue blaze An alternate trail off the AT
Yellow blaze Hitchiking to skip AT sections
Gap A notch down south
Notch A gap up north
SMNP Smokey Mountain National Park
CDT Continental Divide Trail
PCT Pacific Crest Trail
ADT American Discovery Trail
IAT Ice Age Trail
SIA Sentier International des Appalaches (thanks Walt!)
how about adding trail sayings?
"No Rain, No Maine."
"Are you going to eat that?"
I'd type more, but my workday is over and I gotta go home :O)
TJ