Re: [at-l] lightning question

I attended my very first Va Tech game on Sunday night (VaTech vs GaTech).
 I've lived in Blacksburg 15 years and had never been to a game (other
than working a concession stand).  I guess some of you saw on ESPN what
happened to that game!  The football was on the field ready to kick when
they delayed the game because of lightening. Way before that I had seen
the lightening behind me above the stands and just got up and went "down
under".  Finally it dawned on people that "yes, there is lightening in
the sky (really bad,  lightening).  Some were even sitting on metal
bleacher!  Lightening  hit a car in the parking lot near the metal
bleacher area and it caught on fire!!!  I was down below.  It was the
first time in VaTech history that they had called a game because of bad
weather.  And God said, "Thou shalt not schedule football games on
Sunday".

Glenda 2001