Initiation? was Re: [at-l] The Gathering

--- AT-L Guest Post by Sunny Riggs wrote:
> What a way to draw us "lurkers" out of the corner!

> Being a never before exposed lurking
> lister--and reading this, sometimes wierd and wacky off the wall
> conversation,I am kinda' worried--Is there an initiation process for
> newcomers?!

### Dear Sunny Riggs:
(Boy, she could go up with Max Rice
for "ready trail name waiting to happen")

Yes indeed, there is an initiation process. At the Gathering (and in a seldom
spoken of, but very solemn ceremony), new listers will be welcomed into the
fold by having first danced naked on a pile of cellphone bills, singing Rick
Springfield's "They call me Bruce" in a loud voice, whilst being squirted
with Gatorade (made only with filtered/iodinated water). Optional equipment
includes an umbrella and/or ultralite skivies (for the demure); beans, rope,
or ferrets no longer required equipment (ever since that county ordinance was
passed).

Looking forward to, ah, seeing you --
Sloetoe

(Why am I hearing Danny Glober crying out "Riggs! Riggssss!!!!")