[at-l] DeLorme Atlas equivalent for Europe?

I am sure many of you are familiar with the DeLorme series of road
atlases. More detailed than a Rand McNally road map, showing country and
FS roads, some trails, and even topo lines. Though the scale is only
1:160000 (I  believe), it is much more detailed than a traditional
roadmap, and perfect for a jumping off point to find maps that have the
details needed.

My question is, does anyone know if there is an equivalent series of this
type of atlas for Europe, Italy in particular? Can only find
Michelin/Rand McNally type maps which do not have the detail I need for
the less traveled areas of Italy I plan on traveling in.  I can't for the
life of me find a European equivalent of the DeLorme atlases.  I would
prefer something in English, but my Italian is passable enough for the
translating of the basic words found on maps.

many thanks,

Mags

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
 segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.